Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm Ba-a-ck

So I just accidentally posted an unfinished blog--then I deleted the whole thing....fun times. Trying to get back on the wagon here and defeat that four letter word B-U-S-Y that keeps me from sitting down and transporting my thoughts from mind to "matter". There is also the other four letter word S-I-C-K and that five letter word T-I-R-E-D. It doesn't help that I'm pregnant and mommy to 2 very active girls. But here I am...groceries on the counter and laundry awaiting--not to mention the "Clean House" level of clutter that calls to me. (I turn a deaf ear for now).
I just got done reading a GREAT book, "Orange is the New Black" by Piper Kerman (http://piperkerman.com/). It's about a gal that went to jail in her 30's for a crime she comitted in her 20's. It took me a while to read as my "reading time" consists of "bathroom time" :) however thanks to a Thanksgiving road trip to AL I was able to finish it sooner than later in the car. It is not an "easy" read but I love the way it really made the humanitarian in me want to work with a group that helps women who have been imprisoned--especially moms. EVERYONE HAS A STORY!
I'm on to a new book called "This Day: Diaries from American Women" (http://www.thisdayinthelife.com/). It is a compilation of diary entries of women across the US from all different walks of life--age, socioeconomic backgrounds, race, etc. They all had to write for one whole day on the same day, of the same year. This is challenging me to keep a daily "diary" (blog?) and maybe even challenge a group of friends to all write on the same day and come together and share. I think it would be wonderful to see that regardless of how different we are we still have so much in common.
OK, well I can no longer ignore that which needs to be put away and put in the washing machine. I SHALL return--tomorrow I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment