Monday, January 24, 2011

loser cruiser or swagger wagon?

So, we are pregnant with our 3rd child. We are very excited about our little boy! A 3rd child does mean some changes. The girls will be sharing a room again and the NECESSITYof the dreaded....yes, you guessed it--MINIVAN (cringing as she says it). I'm reminded of the saying, "NEVER SAY NEVER"--always comes back to haunt me. I thought we could fit all 3 children in the back of our "normal" car but those boosters the girls are in make that impossible--I've tried. (I could fit 3 car seats! I've done that before!)
Just as I'm coming to "terms" with this new "vehicle" there is a segment on the TODAY show (here's the clip: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/41231866#41231866) about the Minivans. As you can see from the clip some people's perception about minivan moms are that they are: "soccer moms, not cool, frumpy"...need I say more? I also heard the saying that minivans are the "sweatpants" of the car world. You know comfortable but not stylish....
I am not convinced by any "cool" minivan commercials. I would NOT choose a MV over lets say---a cool gas guzzling SUV (yes I said it) but I will be driving a MINVAN soon (very soon) so here's to trying to make my minivan a little cooler than sweatpants--pajama jeans anyone??

2 comments:

  1. So happy for all of you!!!! We have been there about the MV, but we did get one, a Honda...and I love it!!! Never thought I would say I love my MV, but I do. It's sporty looking and the space is nice. There are some MV out there that are not sporty looking, so try the Honda, you'll love it :). Hope you are feeling well. Take care!
    <3 Shelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the things you sacrifice for your kids.....you'll be glad you did because they really are practical.
    We had to take the MV plunge when our truck was difficult to get kids in/out of. It was a very sad day for me. But I really like the remote door opener when my hands are full :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete